Saturday 6 September 2008

Salme Dahlstrom - The Acid Cowgirl Audio Trade

Salme Dahlstrom sure knows how to make an entrance. Her album The Acid Cowgirl Audio Trade is a "no excuses", in-your-face pop-electronica explosion of four minute adrenaline rushes that fuse pumping break beats with catchy pop melodies - a musical collision course that vibrates through the soul, lifts the spirit and will have you cruising in the fast lane.

Waist deep in potential singles, the album is 100% a one-woman show. Self-written and self-produced, Salme wrote and recorded the entire album in her studio in New York City. A hands-on producer, Salme does all her own programming, editing and mixing. While she invited a couple of friends to perform on a few of the tracks she played most of the instruments herself as well.


"My idea was to write catchy pop songs with big hooks and dress them up in a cutting edge electronic production," Salme says. "I love the sound of Fatboy Slim and The Crystal Method and artists like that and I wanted my songs to have the same excitement and edge production wise. But, as I am a musician and not a DJ, it was important to me to create my own samples rather than search through the old record bin to find them. I would record a slew of guitar riffs, bass lines, live drums, vocals, etc. and then cut them up, re-sample, filter and tweak the crap out them. I then used those samples to build the production."

"I take music very seriously, but I try not to take myself too seriously," Salme says. "I am here to have a good time. To me music is about entertainment, nothing else. The Acid Cowgirl Audio Trade is meant to be an hour's escape from the day-to-day. It's got great sing-a-long choruses and fun, tongue in cheek lyrics with attitude that'll put a smile on your face."



More info at MySpace.

No comments: