Saturday 6 September 2008

Jimi Hendrix's Torched Stratocaster For £280,000


One of the all-time greatest guitarists in the world, the late-Jimi Hendrix's burnt 1965 Fender Stratocaster was sold for a whopping £280,000 to a collector, Daniel Boucher.

As reported to be the first guitar Hendrix torched on stage at the end of a show in Finsbury Park in 1967. Right after the show, then-press officer Tony Garland has kept the scorched guitar in his parents garage for nearly 40 years.

"I though I'd have to pay a little bit more for it, actually. I am going to play it, I hope some of it rubs off on me," said the buyer.

He continued, "It changed music, he raised the bar so high you couldn't get over it. Obviously it is an investment, it couldn't not be an investment for that amount of money, but I bought it because I like it."

The guitar was auctioned off at Fame Bureau's It's More Than Rock And Roll auction held on September 4 in London.

Via NME, Telegraph.

No comments: