Saturday 6 September 2008

AMIT - Hello World EP


Slide away from whatever you're doing right now and take a moment with us. Born in Kuwait, AMIT is a musician who currently resides in Toronto, and Hello World is his follow up to his 2006's Asymmetric.

"My roots are in electronic music, but shortly after releasing my EP, I got bored of the same ol' same ol' and started looking for something else. I listened to a lot of music from the sixties. Got into the culture, ideas, politics, and music of the amazing decade, and crawled into big-picture-thinking land. With much relevance to now, the sixties offers much insight in the current state of affairs. As a civilization, where the hell are we going? Inspired by them olskool sounds, I pushed off into the 123's of self-discovery by revisiting my childhood, and creating from an innocent yet naughty place," a comment by him adapted from his bio.

Hello World is set to hit stores on October 14.

No comments: