Saturday 7 June 2008

Martha Wainwright - I Know You're Married But I've Got Feelings Too

Martha Wainwright is a folk pop singer from Montreal. Yes, yes. She's the sister of baroque pop singer-songwriter Rufus Wainwright.

I Know You're Married But I've Got Feelings Too is her second full length album earlier released on May 10 in Australia. The album slowly peaked up charts after the release - bagging #15 in Sweden, #19 in Australia and #29 in the UK.

The album include 12 new original tracks written by Martha, and two cover versions of Pink Floyd's See Emily Play and Eurythmics' Love Is A Stranger.

Fans of Beth Orton, Feist, Cat Power, Joni Mitchell, Neko Case, Aimee Mann and Lucinda Williams, I'm sure you'll find this entertaining.

A dedicated site has been made for this album, so if you wanna sample her new stuffs, you can do so here.

Check out Martha in Snow Patrol's Set The Fire To The Third Bar music video.



No comments: