Saturday 8 November 2008

Ladyhawke Pops Self-Titled Debut

New Zealand-born Phillipa Brown has a stiff background in the music scene with her contributions in a few grunge bands, disbanded hard rock group Two Lane Blacktop and the Sydney duo Teenager before settling with her solo career, Ladyhawke.

"I wanted to make music that could put a smile on peoples faces and give them a feeling of nostalgia even though they may be hearing my songs for the first time. I love how music evokes memories of a certain time, I wanted to see if I could find a method of songwriting that would evoke those feelings from me on writing the song and then on the individual when listening to it for the first time," words quoted from her bio.

The outcome was the release of her self-titled debut album released earlier on September 2008 through Modular Records.

No comments: