Monday 12 November 2007

The Great Spy Experiment - Flower Show Riots


Singapore's indie rockers The Great Spy Experiment's performance caught my attention during the Impulse gig at Terrace Bar, Zouk on November 10 presented by Heineken Music and Junk Magazine.

Frankly speaking, I was pretty impressed with the quintet. They sound like The Killers, even better to one extent.

From fast-paced dancing grooves to slow melodic ballad rock, GSE shook the ground like earthquake breaks, the crowd were jumping and a sing-a-long session came up when Class 'A' Love Affair was played.

Their debut album Flower Show Riots was released not too long ago and is available at HMV stores in Singapore, and online via their MySpace site. I was looking for the guy selling their CD at the event, unfortunately, god knows where that guy was, I couldn't get it, and it sucked! And thanks to that, I have to stick with The Killers for the time being before I get my hands on FSR. Darn it!

sir gila k. said:- if you're into The Killers, Hot Hot Heat and The Editors, you may like this one as well. listen to their samples HERE.


***
Performing along at the gig was The Furniture and B4c (ChinaRED, Blastique & No. 4), with Altered Image on visual art demos***

No comments: