Friday 31 October 2008

Amateur Takes Control - You, Me And The Things Unsaid

I have been waiting for this frantic moment for an extremely long time and finally it's here now. It's the highly-anticipated debut album by Amateur Takes Control from Singapore.

First discovered them during a gig in 2007, ATC is a group of teens who crafts brilliant compositions every now and then. Mainly applying their skills on instruments to do the talking, I have been telling myself, "darn, these guys are fucking awesome!". Indeed they are, and I'm sure at least a thousand of others agree with me.

You, Me And The Things Unsaid was released on October 10 through Kitty Wu Records.

Well, I can't talk much about this piece here, since I barely heard any of the materials from this debut, but based on a trailer heard on their MySpace, I smell some refined versions of their previously recorded tracks and some that I have not heard before, yet. But what I can say for now is they sound rather more 'electronic' than usual. I guess that's for me to find out, ain't it?

Until then, you enjoy.

No comments: