Wednesday 17 June 2009

Lord Cut Glass Unveils Solo Debut

Ex-The Delgados Alun Woodward prepares to launch his solo debut album under his alter ego Lord Cut Glass.

Four years in the making, 'Lord Cut Glass' is a spectacularly flamboyant exercise in musical eclecticism, mixing mariachi-infused gallops with Tiersen-esque accordions, nods to Fred Astaire musicals and winks at the industrial austerity of colliery brass bands.

If you're big fans of The Delgados, we couldn't find any dissapointment on Lord Cut Glass.

Woodward's debut album will be released via his co-founded label Chemikal Underground. The self-titled album will be out on June 22, however, you can pre-order a copy at Chemikal.

“Musically I started writing songs with the idea of being in a band with a couple of other people. I asked them and they said they didn't want to, so I thought fuck it I'll do it all myself,” a comment by Woodward retracted from his MySpace site.



No comments: